Not enough research includes women. We’re leading the change.
Improving women’s health outcomes and promoting equity by meeting women where they are.
Precia Group is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) addressing gender bias in clinical trials by expanding the number of women, especially those from underrepresented populations, in research studies.
Precia’s vast range of services include everything sponsors need to get set up for success in their clinical trials.
Clinical Support Services
- Site selection
- Study design
Study Oversight & Management
- Customized performance management
- Expedited medical record access
- Precia Data App: beyond traditional EDC solutions
- KOL access, engagement and facilitation
Precia is currently engaged in three therapeutic areas: Reproductive Health, Pregnancy and Menopause and it will expand to other areas of women’s health over time.
- Cervical Screening
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Fetal Origins of Disease
- GBS and Neonatal Sepsis
- Gestational Diabetes
- Pelvic Floor
- Placental Pathology
- Post-Partum Depression
- Preterm Birth
- Bone Density
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cognitive Health
- Sleep Disorders
- Weight Gain
Precia Network: A Community-Based Research Model
Building a new, collaborative CRO model with community hospitals and clinics
Precia is increasing the number of women in research studies by establishing the first-of-its-kind network of US and international community hospitals and clinics and engaging women as partners.
This novel approach creates new research opportunities for women where they are receiving their care
Addressing the critical need to increase research capacity and diversify clinical trials
- Community hospital participation in clinical trials has been limited by resource constraints
- Limited regulatory/IRB experience
- Shortage of qualified staff
- Lack of access to experienced Principal Investigators
One Site, One Trial: The Results
Early Phase, Observational Diagnostic Study (ongoing)
- Enrolling pregnant women (in-person) within a 3 week gestational window
- Research blood draw & clinical data
- 7 of 10 pregnant women agree to enroll in trial
- > 1,600 women recruited in Year 1 of trial
- 40% of study participants are African American
- 10% of study participants are Hispanic/Latina
Experience & Expertise
Precia has decades of experience in women’s health in the US and globally. They have led initiatives to accelerate research efforts to improve reproductive health and address adverse pregnancy outcomes.
Precia’s expertise in standardizing data collection, creation of care plans, maternal and neonate biobanking, global harmonization of maternal cohorts and establishing research efforts in nontraditional clinical settings.
Through the Precia Network, they are creating new research opportunities for women in the geographic areas where they receive care. They have developed easy to use tools to simplify participation (online eligibility screening, etc.). Further, they have been intentional about ensuring that the vast majority of network site Principal Investigators are women.